[Leica] Another in the Norway in Black and White Album

Howard L Ritter Jr hlritter at twc.com
Thu Sep 6 08:58:19 PDT 2018

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/Norway/DSC04568ccmono.jpg.html?g2_fromNavId=xf23acb9d <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/Norway/DSC04568ccmono.jpg.html?g2_fromNavId=xf23acb9d>

This was taken at the North Cape of Norway looking west toward Knivkjellodden, Razor Clam Point, which is the farthest-north point of land on the continental shelf of Europe. We're actually on an island, but the island is set off by a strait only about 1 km wide, and is connected to it with an undersea highway tunnel.

To set the scale in this place with the only other humans present being behind me, keep in mind that these rock cliffs are 800-1000 feet high. A light-toned submerged slab of rock near the left end of the lagoon shows how clear the waters of the Barents Sea are here.

C&C welcome.

—howard