[Leica] Sony 55 Sonnar question

Douglas Barry imra at iol.ie
Mon Oct 22 14:42:09 PDT 2018

I've an assignment which involves a day's shooting in an office
environment with my Sony A7ll, and will need to use flash more than a
bit. I'm not overly thrilled with the kit lens that came with the Sony,
so am thinking of going for 55mm 1.8 Sonnar as it is designed for the
camera and flash. I have a perfectly good Elmar 50 2.8, but it won't
give me the response times I will need for this task.

So the question for the Sony shooters out there is, have you got this
lens, and are you happy with it? Of course, I have looked at reviews,
but it's good to hear real world experiences.

Douglas