[Leica] Help adapting a Leica lens 90mm SM Summicron Leica M adapted

Mark Kronquist mak at teleport.com
Fri Oct 19 23:16:06 PDT 2018

I just acquired a nice, early Summicron 90mm (currently M) that was factory converted to M from SM by essentially glueing/cementing an SM to M adapter to the lens.

This lens is and will always be a sort of M lens as it has the rd dot and my intent is not to deceive but, rather, to use the lovely lens on my Barnack (scrrewmount) cameras as well by carefully removing the M to SM Adapter (again glued on)

Has anyone done this and, if so how? Ideally, I would like to preserve the SM to M adapter as well but…thanks Mark in Oregon