[Leica] Blurb

Richard S Taylor taylor.r.s at icloud.com
Thu Nov 1 10:10:33 PDT 2018

Like Nathan, I do a yearbook every year, too and have done many others.  I have found that working with jpg images at 240 ppi yields good results.

In putting the book together I use JPG images printed to file at 240 ppi and make sure that each photo I use is dimensionally larger (in inches) than it will appear in the book.  Then InDesign and Blurb somehow work together in the pre-flight process to adjust the image file to the proper final dimensional print size (in inches at 240 ppi).

Blurb is helpful in that the pre-flight process identifies any images that have too low a pixel count to look good before you give them the go-ahead to print the book.  You can then go back and fix them if necessary.

The software does all the work.  No nasty calculations required.

Back to lurking…

Dick