[Leica] M9 due back soon

Akhil Lal alal at nyu.edu
Tue May 22 12:31:46 PDT 2018

Just got an email from Leica. My M9  sensor upgrade (and a general service)
has been completed and the camera will be shipped to me tomorrow from NJ.

Scope of work from the invoice:

Exchange sensor replace the mentioned parts.
+++the following works are carried out
under warranty / good will: Exchange sensor clean/service winding mechanism
clean/repair multi
function dial clean main switch (speed dial) adjust sensor Firmware Update
adjust range finder
adjustment of all parts cleaning and end control Please be advised that the
current cover differs
slightly in texture from the previously used leather which is no longer
available. By commissioning
this repair you also consent to the application of the new leatherette
version. This repair will be
carried out on a good-will basis.

This is rather more extensive than I anticipated. Can't complain at
all. Looking
forward to getting the camera back.

BTW, anyone know what the new leatherette looks like?

Regards,
Akhil