[Leica] It's all your fault

Philippe photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com
Sun May 13 13:06:07 PDT 2018

> Le 13 mai 2018 à 21:50, Brian Reid <reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> a écrit :
>
> Right now I am working on a set of photos from the birth of a baby and the gathering of family for it. There are two necessary kinds of necessary image editing that I have not figured out how to do in Lightroom.
>
> 1. Make photos of mother and baby in the delivery room be presentable to all who want to see them. I need to cover body parts and remove tattoos that normally don't show. I can do these easily in Photoshop in many ways. What I want to do here is copy the image of a shawl from a pre-birth photo, paste it as a layer onto the after-the-birth photos, and adjust it so it looks like a real shawl and not a photoshop layer. Tattoo removal was beyond my patching abilities in Lightroom but was trivial in Photoshop. Maybe I will in time learn how to do that kind of edit in Lightroom, but I haven't figured it out yet. Great-grandma would have apoplexy if she saw the tattoos.

From what I know, LR doesn’t do that. Not cheating. Plain vanilla darkroom work of the 21st century.

> 2. Make usable group portraits of 13 nervous relatives who were almost too anxious to pose. I have 20 shots of a group of 13 adult relatives, and in every one of them at least one person's face or posture is unacceptable.

Make several copies. And send each of the present an acceptable face of self … That’s the basic of family diplomacy or WYSIWYWTS. (What you see is what you want to see).

> It was the hallway of a hospital and not a studio, after all. It's easy in Photoshop to copy faces or entire people from one exposure to another to produce a 13-person composite that is acceptable to everyone who appears in it. I don't think this is possible at all in Lightroom.

Neither do I - see supra.

In your subscription, I believe PSCC comes with LR CCC. I does in mine and I never bothered to download it (see supra again) But in your case, that would do the trick. Check your subscription Brian, to see if PS CC is included, or unfortunately not ...

Amities
Philippe