[Leica] SL redux, end of story

Frank Filippone red735i at verizon.net
Mon May 7 08:28:55 PDT 2018

The elector-mechanical Minolta mount was replaced by a fully electronic mount with the Sony 6xxx (APS-C series) cameras some years ago. Different mount register.  Different size.  Different connections compared to the more modern mount.  THese all fit the APS-C sensor size of the older Minolta branded cameras and the SLR ( Mirror based) Sony cameras still being made today.
The old mount was called A mount or Maxxum Mount, or Alpha mount..  The new mount ( for the A7, A9,  and A6xxx series ) is called the NEX mount or the E Mount.

To add to the confusion, some of the Sony NEX mount lenses are for APS-C  sized sensors, and will not cover the A7 full frame sensor.  None of this is actually printed on the lenses.

There is a good treatise on the subject by a person called Brian Smith.....  look him for a really good list of what fits what.

Frank Filippone Red735i at verizon.net