[Leica] IMG: A Few From the Airport

Jim Nichols jhnichols at lighttube.net
Sun Jun 3 12:21:16 PDT 2018

When I stopped by the airport this morning, dark clouds were moving in
from the northwest.  A Falcon jet based locally contrasts with the clouds.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20180603-DSCF7042.JPG.html

I noticed the Airport Manager busy on the ramp, but couldn't figure out
what he was up to, so I walked out to ask.  After trying weed eaters for
grass & weed control in cracks, he has found that a gas torch works
better and is easier on the back. Here are two shots of his approach to
weed control.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20180603-DSCF7047.JPG.html

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20180603-DSCF7050.JPG.html

Apparently the fire gets the roots, for a longer lasting result. The tar
cools back to its normal consistency.