[Leica] Best Solution for M10 Viewfinder Maginfication

Frank Farmer frank at f3documentaryphotography.com
Sun Jul 29 13:36:32 PDT 2018

Team,

I was annoyed to learn that the M10 does not accept the older screw-in viewfinder magnifiers (1.25x and 1.4x). As my aging eyes don’t achieve tack-sharpe focus with a M camera and a wide-open 90 Summicron like they did when I was in my 20s, I feel I need some help.

Here are my questions:

1) How does the Leica viewfinder thread adaptor work? I looked for a video on the subject with no luck.

2) Is the viewfinder thread adaptor bulky? Cumbersome? Does is otherwise hinder the viewfinder when not using a screw-in accessory? Does one leave it in all the time?

3) Are the two lines of questions, supra, obviated by the newer Visoflex? In other words, does the Visoflex allow magnified focusing like using live view on the M10 such that the viewfinder magnifiers are not necessary?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Frank F. Farmer
Jackson, Mississippi