[Leica] IMG: sunflowers and wildfire smoke

Adam Bridge abridge at mac.com
Tue Jul 3 12:28:18 PDT 2018

About 30 miles from here to the NW there’s a major wildfire burning in the Vaca Range. I think it’s at 60,000 acres and only about 7% contained as of the news last night.

About a half-hour before sunset we drove out west of town to see what we could see and found this field of sunflowers with the smoke blowing in.

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Yolo-County/i-s4znFM6/X3>

Sony A7Riii, 28-70 f2.8 G series lens at ISO 1250 or so.

We aren’t threatened in any way - there’s a sea of farmland between us and the fire - some of it rice fields that just aren’t that likely to burn… But for those in the path of the fire things are looking grim. The firefighters say fires like this usually happen several months later in the year. Fire season in California may become a 12 month event.

Adam Bridge