[Leica] Return of my M9

Howard Cummer hcummer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 14:01:07 PST 2018

Hi Luggers,

I sent my M262 to Leica USA on19th December. It was under warranty
and they had provided me with a prepaid UPS voucher. They
acknowledged receipt on Jan 3 and the camera was returned
on 25 Jan - the same day I got an email notice that there would
be no charge.

This was just for a rangefinder alignment -
which Horst Wenzel in Vancouver will no longer do on digital Leicas -
so there was no waiting for parts.

I am satisfied with the speed of the service but was a bit surprised that I received no notification
that the camera was sent before it arrived. If the shipment had
gone missing who would have noticed?

Bests

Howard (on sunny warming up Pender Island)