[Leica] Sea Lions and Fur Seals

Howard Cummer hcummer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 04:06:23 PST 2018

Hi Jayanand,
A great series - the more remarkable for having been shot with the 70 - 200 f4.0 zoom.
You were able to get really close!! Thanks for sharing.
Cheers
Howard

Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 22:35:53 +0530
From: Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at gmail.com <mailto:jayanand at gmail.com>>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org <mailto:lug at leica-users.org>>, PSM
	<psm-1857 at googlegroups.com <mailto:psm-1857 at googlegroups.com>>
Subject: [Leica] Sea Lions and Fur Seals

A start to the photographs of our recent trip to the Galapagos with the
Galapagos Sea Lion and closely related Galapagos Fur Seal. The beauty of
animals there is you really can get in very close, so generally it is a
case of our avoiding the animals instead of the other way round, as is the
case in most other nature areas. This also means that we can carry shorter
and lighter lenses while hiking, greatly easing the burden!

We start with the Galapagos Sea Lion. Firstly, two photographs of a new
born Galapagos Sea Lion pup with its mother. Our experienced
Naturalist/Guide, Walter Perez, estimated that it was, at most, an hour
old. In fact the placenta/umbilical cord was lying close by: