[Leica] More Stock Woes

Christopher Crawford chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com
Sun Dec 23 19:42:37 PST 2018

The article seems to be designed to blame Walmart. It isn't their fault; they didn't license the photo, some manufacturer did and Walmart is selling the manufacturer's products. They're probably not the only retailer selling the stuff, but the article doesn't say if that's so. The writer left out a lot, in my opinion, in order to maintain the "Walmart is Evil" narrative.

At the end of the article, it says that Walmart reached out to the photographer on social media, asking him to contact them. That's a BIG detail, yet the writer does not say if the photographer talked to Walmart, or what Walmart offered him. To me it sounds like the company felt bad for the guy and wanted to compensate him, despite the fact that Walmart has no legal obligation to do so. If so, that's very kind of them, but that would ruin the 'narrative' wouldn’t it? I'd like to know if that's the case...wouldn't you?

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook