[Leica] Highlands PAW 29

John McMaster john at mcmaster.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 10:51:21 PDT 2018

Catching up with PAWs....

First of the turbines going up, these are about 4 miles away so this is the 300mm on my (240mm on FF) then cropped to almost pixel level.  They have some very fancy ships as part of the installation process.  Shot #3 has diggers putting stones over the cable in the trench to stop it being hooked up on nets or similar.

We went out on a RIB for a 3hour trip to the Pentland Skerries, a coaster had gone aground on well-marked rocks, and of the 10 people on board 8 were locals!  The Priscilla was having its cargo of fertiliser moved to another vessel to try and refloat  on a larger tide a few days later.  They did not like us being so close and claimed a large exclusion zone that would have included a chunk of the mainland ;-)   The choppy water is where the Atlantic meets the North Sea, the RIB can only come here on certain tides as the Atlantic is higher than the North Sea!  The last shots are of the C15th Girnigoe Castle and the later (C17th) Castle Sinclair.

http://johnmcmaster.com/PAW/2018/29

C & C welcome

john