[Leica] Monday Misc.

Aram leica_r8 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 07:37:35 PDT 2018

Hi Don.  One of the great places to visit in the SW.  Great shot.

I think these are in the A configuration, which is the furthest apart.  The
D configuration is the closest.  Here is a description from their web site:

Each antenna: 25 m (82 ft) in diameter, 230 tons.
The array: there are four configurations: A array, with a maximum antenna
separation of 36 km; B array -- 10 km; C array -- 3.6 km; and D array -- 1
km. The telescopes are switched between these configurations every four
months or so.

I happened to be there when they were in the D configuration.  I posted a
few shots from back then.  Here is one:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f15/nm/VLA-6679.jpg.html     And there
are a few more in this folder.  Definitely agree with you that if anyone is
in the vicinity of Hwy 60 across New Mexico, you should drop by and have a
look.

Aram