[Leica] Comparing legacy Nikon lenses to Leica R lenses on the Sony A7II 70-200 range

Doug Herr wildlightphoto at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 11 15:59:48 PDT 2018

Frank Filippone wrote:

>Legacy lenses are fascinating to use on the Sony bodies.

Yes they certainly are!  Until a couple of months ago legacy lenses were all I was using on the Sony body.  My favs:

Nikon 55mm f/3.5 Micro AI: inexpensive, relatively light weight, quite good performance.  I haven't tested it against the Leica R 60 Macro but the light weight and low worry in case of loss or damage make it my casual carry-everywhere lens.

Canon FD 500mm f/4.5 L: Inexpensive and relatively light weight for a high-quality long lens.  It requires some correction for lateral chromatic aberration but C1 does this automatically.  Its highlight separation and color quality aren't as good as a Leica APO lens but most of the time its good enough, especially considering its affordability.

Leica 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R: for no-compromise mind-boggling image quality.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
http://doug-herr.fineartamerica.com