[Leica] My Cello

Bernard Quinn bjq1 at mac.com
Mon Sep 25 20:24:58 PDT 2017

Jim,

Thanks! Your Uncle's violin can probably be restored if that is something you want to do.

The violin shaped object in the picture is actually a cradle. Violins  have curved backs and the varnish which coats them is fragile. When you work on a violin you place it in the cradle so that it is sable and doesn't get damaged.

Barney

Barney Quinn, WK3Z
C: (301) 775-1386
H: (301) 654-0938