[Leica] Leica repair - good news and bad news.

Gerry Walden gwpics at me.com
Thu Sep 21 06:39:58 PDT 2017

I have had to send my M9 back to Leica Germany for repair as it simply stopped working with a ‘shutter error’ problem.

The problem was a label from an SD card stuck between sensor and shutter! I knew I had a card which had somehow lost its label, but had no idea where or how. To repair the problem, carry out a full service and replace the sensor as a ‘good will gesture’ totals a surprising and (in my opinion very low) 178.50€ ($213) which I think is superb service. The cost includes postage both ways.

Now the bad news, the repair could take ‘several weeks’. Thank goodness I am not shooting much at the moment, and I have my M7 to use.

I am sort of aa happy bunny because of the price, but miss my M9.

Gerry

Gerry Walden
023 8046 3076
0797 287 7932