[Leica] IMG: KC Corners

Mark Rabiner mark at rabinergroup.com
Tue Sep 5 05:51:34 PDT 2017

I think you get a lack of continuity from pic to pic a distraction with the black corners. That’s the negative side of it.
Is it part of the photo or is it the mount? Lots of people take their transparencies out of the mounts when they print them in the darkroom.
I used to do a lot of Cibachromes in a rental lab with a lot of other people and some of them always did this as a matter of course I used to watch them do it.
I’ve also worked in other situations when all slides were transferred to glass mounts.
So, mounts are a storage medium and not the picture itself.
The mount takes a few percentage points out of the picture which you saw in the finder if you had a full frame flagship SLR finder so plenty of people want want they saw in the finder if they paid extra to get it.

This image by way is looking any color you want as long as its cyan. Needs red like gangbusters!

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer