[Leica] Barry Lyndon & Kubrick's Zeiss

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Fri Oct 27 10:23:57 PDT 2017

Douglas,

On 27/10/2017 01:02, Douglas Barry wrote:
> I watched this film for the first time in years last night. I saw it way back in
> the 70s in my twenties when it was released in the cinema,

...and the world was young. Me too!

 My son went in to
> see the new digital print of the 70mm original of Lawrence of Arabia in the
> Irish Film Institute this evening and was blown away by it. I'll have to try and
> see it myself

I was in Wadi Rum in Jordan recently, where many of the principle sequences of
LoA was shot. It is truly the most amazing place. I don't think that I have ever
been anywhere with comparable natural beauty. My daughter who is better
travelled than I completely agreed...I don't there's a TV to do it justice. It
might be interesting in VR though! I would encourage anyone to go ... and yes, I
do have photos and, yes, I SHOULD get round to posting them :-)

Peter