[Leica] Waterproofing - was M8 failure in snow

Douglas Barry imra at iol.ie
Wed Mar 15 09:11:44 PDT 2017

Out of curiosity, as I have a new Sony, I googled A7ii water damage and
saw some horror stories. It looks like I'll have to take more care of it
in rain too.

My old Nikon F5 which is upstairs in the attic was marvellous in heavy
rain, but that was designed as a pro's camera. Other than the top end
Nikon D5 or Canon 1DXll, I would imagine that no camera can be said to
be monsoon proof. I would be interested in hearing any suggestions for
DIY waterproofing.

With my Fuji X100S, I used black duct tape to fool potential thieves
when I went to the world capital of pickpockets - that's Barcelona,
Lluis :-) - and it seems to work as a rain proof cover as well. With the
duct taped Fuji, I was regularly approached by people saying "I love
those old film cameras"......

Douglas