[Leica] B&W developers

George Lottermoser george.imagist at icloud.com
Wed Jun 14 15:18:04 PDT 2017

> On Jun 14, 2017, at 1:32 PM, lluisripollphotography <lluisripollphotography at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Your comment is very interesting for me, I’ve never developed with Pyro for myself but I’ve worked with negatives developed in Pyro, grain and fine structures are very fine but I think that the tonality gradation is poor, it offers a great and nice contrast from Black to White but a certain lack of gradation. I know some ones has employed it successful with semi-stand development and a long time with very slow agitation. I would appreciate very much your experience and comments about, thank you!

My experience seems almost the opposite of yours.
The staining gave me superb highlight rendering;
and long tonal scale.

I always tested and used the Zone System;
with any and all developers;
at least N-2, N-1, N, N+1 and N+2;
including with my roll films.

The last wedding I photographed on film
was done with two M6s and an X-Pan;
and the films were all processed in Pyro;
and printed on silver double weight paper;
mounted and bound in 3 “oriental” style albums.

If I have any of the notebooks from those days;
they’ve been in storage for a decade.
My memory won’t do well on formulations,
times or temperatures,
without those notebooks

Though I DO remember marveling
over the tonality and “edge”