[Leica] Help for my Wife.... Picasa is going away....

photo.forrest1 at gmail.com photo.forrest1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 07:11:36 PDT 2017

Try some of the alternatives here:
https://opensource.com/alternatives/picasa

Phil Forrestgallery.leica-users.org/v/philforrest/
------ Original message------From: Frank FilipponeDate: Mon, Jun 12, 2017 10:01To: 'Leica Users Group';Cc: Subject:[Leica] Help for my Wife.... Picasa is going away....
My Wife is using Picasa, as a photo database and editor.  She got it yearsago for free with a Canon camera ( she still uses).  However, Google boughtthe SW, and has discontinued all support.My "orders" are to find a new Imaging SW package for her.  something thatwill do organization of her photos ( several years of data need to beimported), basic editing ( contrast, brightness, cropping) , and ability to send herphotos by email or text to her friends, through her Email account. About the same as a youngster would want.  ( Please do not tell her I saidthis...) Yes, I use LR.  It is a bit too complicated for her..  Too capable...  Ineed something more simplistic...  While it would be nice to have free SW, what else is out there that shecould use? Note.. this is a MAC free zone.  Only Windows answers need apply. TIA Frank Filippone Red735i at verizon.net _______________________________________________Leica Users Group.See http://leica-users.org/mailman/listinfo/lug for more informa
 tion