[Leica] Film Lab

Gerry Walden gerry.walden at icloud.com
Sat Jun 3 11:19:34 PDT 2017

Lluis

I have to agree with you to a large extent. Since my enforced slow-down because of my heart problems I have not shot a new image but have concentrated on working on pre-digital colour transparencies and black and white film. In general I have been extremely pleased with the end results, especially from the transparencies. Where digital does have the advantage however, and where it pays for itself, is its ability to work at high speeds (iso) and also where quick results are required. With the reintroduction of some very fine transparency films, and the continued easy availability of black and white films, I think most of my future work could very well be done on film. Whether it will or not remains to be seen.

From my point of view though I question whether I will ever return to darkroom work.

Best wishes to all

Gerry

Gerry Walden LRPS