[Leica] noct .95 ?

Frank Filippone red735i at verizon.net
Wed Jul 19 22:34:38 PDT 2017

There are actually 2 versions of the M6... the M6 and the M6TTL.
There were only 3130  M6 cameras produced with the 0.85 VF.  Referred to at times as HM (high Magnifications) model.
There were LOTS of M6TTL models with the 0.85 VF.

How to tell the 2 models apart?

If the shutter dial has an OFF position the camera is a M6TTL.  If no OFF position, the camera is a M6.

Unless someone had the M6 RF replaced......  Sometimes referred to as FrankenLeicas.

The M6 preceded the TTL version....

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net
After hearing Uncle speak, I will bring out my Noctilux  f1 and shoot a roll of Ilford FP 400 and M6 0.85 which I hear makes focusing with it easier. Is it true that they made only 3,300 copies of the 0.85?