[Leica] Canada -150 Years - Keep up your spirit!!

Stasys Petravicius stasys1 at cox.net
Sun Jul 2 07:05:46 PDT 2017

Hi All: That UTube video was a very nice tribute to a great country. My family immigrated there in 1948 from a DP camp in northern Germany.  After 10 interesting and productive years, we immigrated to the US. My mother was not for it. Mid May, I flew to Toronto to attend a family funeral. My aunt, a dentist, passed away at 92. We had a nice, small funeral.
While there, I was impressed that the people are more relaxed, and friendly, and open than down here. Toronto is a very nice city, with a lot of little parks, beautiful flowers, and people enjoying themselves. It seemed like a relaxing place. To top off the weekend- I met up with a neighbor friend I had not seen for 59 years. We reminisced for 5 hours. We both enjoyed our recollections.
Stasys Petravicius