[Leica] Ektachrome makes a comeback

Dan Khong dankhong at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 13:19:06 PST 2017

Friends

Some years ago, the town crier shouted, "Film is dead!" The faint hearted
folks, upon hearing boding of impending disaster and recalling what it was
like during the terrible days of the Black Plague, jettisoned their film
gear.

Today, I am told sales of digital cameras are dropping. Many digital tech
geeks found it hard to sustain purchase of new gear that loses value so
fast. The real killer is probably hand phone cameras now becoming good
enough for serious photographers. Want a Leica lens? The Huawei makes the
phone and our dear Leica supplies their camera lens.

Now where is that town crier who said, "Film is dead"?

Dan K
Singapore