[Leica] Don McCullin knighted

Steve Barbour steve.barbour at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 08:39:06 PST 2017

> On Jan 6, 2017, at 2:41 AM, Peter Dzwig <pdzwig at summaventures.com> wrote:
>
> Bob,
>
> Without wishing to get into an argument, I think you miss the point. The title
> does not give him any more influence than he had a few weeks ago. It gives him
> no more political clout, it is a recognition of his work by the nation.

in the Canadian system, an analogous great recognition by the nation, is the Order of Canada which Ted Grant received recently. It is a great recognition which is only rarely given. The is a extensive literature re knighthood in Canada, which as far as I am concerned is totally inscrutable. Knighthood, is not bestowed upon Canadians. The Order of Canada seems to be roughly  equivalent.

steve