[Leica] Don McCullin knighted

Gerry Walden gerry.walden at icloud.com
Thu Jan 5 01:45:58 PST 2017

Douglas

Don is a long-time Leica user and a great photographer who was banned in name by Margaret Thatcher from going to the Falklands war because he was ‘too honest’ and refused to have his images censored. I have met Don a couple of times and he is a difficult man to warm to, but this honour is well deserved and long overdue. A great photographer receiving a long overdue award.

Gerry