[Leica] Has anyone restored a Leitz made UR Replica to working condition? Advice

Howard L Ritter Jr hlritter at twc.com
Mon Feb 13 05:37:35 PST 2017

Hi, Mark—

Sorry I can’t help with your question, but may I ask one? These replicas were of such recent manufacture (1980s?) that I’m wondering why they would need to be restored, or why it would be such a challenge as you indicate.

Or was this camera not a full replica but an “Attrappe” or dummy for display only, and what you’re talking about isn’t restoration but turning one into a working camera? Now, that WOULD seem like a challenge!

Strangely, a Google search doesn’t quickly turn up any info on the replica.

—howard