[Leica] Sensor vacuuming?

Douglas Barry imra at iol.ie
Sun Feb 5 15:10:56 PST 2017

While playing with my new Sony A7ii, and realising that it does give all of
those old lenses in my attic a new lease of life, changing lenses has a
downside. I picked up a bit of crud on the sensor. As, for the past three
and a half years, I've mainly shot with a fixed lens camera, I'm a bit out
of date. I'm curious as to how people are finding new developments in
cleaning sensors (if any) and what product/method do you use?

I have read a suggestion that I might vacuum the sensor and suck out the
dirt. This seems a more logical approach than blowing, but assume that I'd
have to make up some sort of baffle to suppress the suction power as I don't
want the entire sensor assembly disappearing down the nozzle of the vacuum
cleaner! Anybody tried this?

Thanks
Douglas