[Leica] Two B&W with film

Mark Rabiner mark at rabinergroup.com
Wed Dec 13 20:22:23 PST 2017

After my first maybe only lull in printing for many a decade I finally got an Epson P800 last week (a 17 inch pigment printer)  and am ready to get going on my first new portfolio in a decade and a new show or two. f 17x22 “ and be there!
I have no nostalgic memories of my darkroom life and output and am finding no reasons to go back to doing that.
My inkjet prints are in all ways superior than my darkroom output. A result which is not a minority opinion.
Photographers who were five or ten years ago offering their images in both inkjet and darkroom are not doing the darkroom option any more.
Inkjet prints look like a cross between a platinum print and a silver gelatin darkroom.
They look better not worse than any process black and white or color darkroom print.
I use Hahnemühle Photo Rag® 308gsm 100% Cotton white paper.

There was no 100% rag cotton paper ever made for darkroom work that I know of.
Your matt board for sure was 100% rag cotton. Your prints had plenty of wood pulp in it.

--

Mark William Rabiner