[Leica] Don't photograph the eclipse correction

lrzeitlin at aol.com lrzeitlin at aol.com
Sun Aug 20 13:39:06 PDT 2017

Apparently there was a glitch in my eclipse message. I wrote "Remember that the image on your camera’s sensor is only about 9 percent of the focal length of the lens." Actually I meant to say that the image on the sensor or film is the focal length of the lens divided by 115. Thus for a 1000 mm lens the image of the eclipse is about 8.7 mm. OK if you are using a full frame sensor or film but a far cry from the size of the image recorded by a real telescope.
Larry Z