[Leica] URL: W Eugene Smith

Jayanand Govindaraj jayanand at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 16:30:07 PDT 2017

Which advice he took himself, if I remember right. Larkin was also a jazz aficionado, and I still have a couple of volumes of his jazz reviews and columns, which make excellent reading for dipping into, once in a while.

As for Bill Smith, such self destructive behaviour is not unknown in borderline geniuses, is it, and it maybe the root cause of the artistic power of his photographs - which remain obvious to this day!

If I ever get an actual original print of any of our greats in photography, it would be one of his.....

Cheers
Jayanand

Sent from my iPad