[Leica] Nick Ut

Geoff Hopkinson hopsternew at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 16:23:48 PDT 2017

Hi Tina and all. I was fortunate to meet and hang out with Nick Ut at the
Leica centennial celebrations. You can imagine that he is a rock star in
those circles.
The story behind his Napalm Girl image of course is very well known.
Hearing it in person is deeply affecting.
The one on the left is famous, the other guy, not so much ;-) Taken with my
M by the way.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppyman/Lpeeps/L1028219-1280.jpg.html>

This one in our hotel bar shows Nick in one of his favourite photo
opportunity situations. Liliana was a marketing coordinator for Leica
Camera Australia at the time.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppyman/Lpeeps/L1028236-1280.jpg.html>

Cheers
Geoff