[Leica] When it rains, it pours..

Alan Magayne-Roshak amr3 at uwmalumni.com
Sat Oct 29 06:12:12 PDT 2016

On Sat, 29 Oct 2016 Richard Man <richard at richardmanphoto.com>wrote:

>First, one of the locking mechanism on my CF tripod broke... no big deal, I
>duct-taped it together..

>Then, another leg broke. As in, the carbon fiber leg section broke off...
>sigh, so I superglued it and duct-taped it. Not sure if it will work. We
>shall see.

>The tripod lasted 7 years? With lots of hiking mileage.

>Then my trusty 8 years old Olympus E-3, my only dSLR (ever!!!) becomes
>inoperative once in a while. Sigh, I don't use it much, except for events
>stuff, which I do may be 3-5 times a year... I can get another E-3 for $260
>on eBay, but too poor for now.

>Ugh.
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.

Have to put in a word here for a tripod that probably few besides me have
even heard of.

I used this Safe-Lok tripod for 40 years on the job at the university, and
when I retired, it
was still working fine.
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Gear/SafeLok_Tripod_AMR.jpg.html