[Leica] EF lenses on the SL

Steve Barbour steve.barbour at gmail.com
Thu May 26 21:13:49 PDT 2016

> On May 26, 2016, at 7:30 PM, Aram Langhans <leica_r8 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Great.  Wonder if there will be a Nikon G lens adapter? I notice that there is still none for Sony that allows lens control. Maybe something Nikon is doing, or not doing, that makes this impossible.

Metabones has a similar adapter, firmware updatable, which permits Canon EF and EF-S  lenses to be used in fully automatic fashion  on  Sony (E or NEX mount) bodies. I have used it. It works very well with most Cannon EF lenses. I do not know about the financial and legal issues that must be surmounted in order to develop such a smart adapter.

Steve