[Leica] Budapest Trip

Gerry Walden gerry.walden at icloud.com
Mon May 9 09:03:05 PDT 2016

Well, I am off to Budapest for a few days tomorrow morning, and I am really looking forward to shooting there. I have just been advised by the correct office there that I can use all public transport free of charge because I am of ‘a certain age’ and an EU citizen. if you are in the same position ever here is what they told me:

We would like to kindly inform you that on vehicles ordered by our Company (the funicular and the chair-lift are not included) the citizens of the EU, EEA Member States or Switzerland over their 65th year can indeed travel free of charge.

An identity card or any other personal identifying document – containing the ID holder’s age and nationality (e.g. the passport) – is enough to get the allowance. The appropriate ID card is to be presented for the ticket inspector’s request.

That will make the trip even more enjoyable!

Greetings to all,

Gerry

Gerry Walden
www.gwpics.com