[Leica] M9 and M240 Charger?

kyle cassidy on the LUG leicaslacker at gmail.com
Mon May 2 12:11:46 PDT 2016

So ……

Back in Ye Olden Days you’d get your M2 and your M3 and your three lenses and you’d go. And now that someone may have an M9 and be annoyed to discover that buying an M240 means that they also need a different type of battery, is there a charger that will charge both batteries? Or do I need to put two different chargers in my bag now with my two different batteries?

I’ve noticed that many of the 3rd party chargers utilize the same innards but have swappable connection plates — I could live with that. the 240 charger that comes with the camera is ridiculously sized. I notice it’s got 4 pins, I’m guessing only 2 of them are actually used…. has anybody taken one of these apart yet?

kc