[Leica] Smudge on sensor

lrzeitlin at aol.com lrzeitlin at aol.com
Fri Jun 24 08:13:24 PDT 2016

Nathan,
Without stating the obvious, any camera that has opening parts, doors, or moving controls can admit foreign material that can result in a smudge. Every camera I own lets me change batteries, sensors or even film and, no matter how carefully I shield it, can be contaminated. I even have a Canon pocket camera with a tiny dead bug in the viewfinder. Not the sensor so I still use it from time to time.
The camera was pristine when I bought it so it must have happened on my watch. Having a repairman remove the bug will cost more than the camera is worth.
Larry Z