[Leica] Website Questions

George Lottermoser george.imagist at icloud.com
Mon Jun 6 10:15:46 PDT 2016

> On Jun 2, 2016, at 8:20 PM, W.C. Clough <billclough042541 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> USA
> TEXAS
> VICTORIA
>
> Hi there—
>
>  I would like to create my own website.  I'm new to this, so I have a lot of questions.
>
>   For those of you who have your own website:
>
>   1. Did you use a company to create the site or did you do it yourself with using a template such as Wordpress and then choose a host?
>
>  2. Can you recommend any website company you feel offers the best templates/security/ongoing pricing?
>
>   3. Did you have your own domain name or did the company help you obtain one.
>
>   4. What are the pitfalls in using such a company?
>
>   5. What are the costs?
>
>   Feel free to reply on the LUG or contact me privately at billclough042541 at gmail.com<mailto:billclough042541 at gmail.com>
>
> Thanks in advance—

As Nathan suggested
many possibilities exist to begin to “create my own website.”

For a total newbie I’d recommend
starting with <https://wordpress.com>
Can be basically “free”
Up and running quickly.
Remarkable possibilities for expansion.
Remarkable integrity.
Huge support networks.

Like Nathan I also use Smugmug for some uses.
My imagist.com and imagist.com/blog sites
are independently hosted at a monthly expense.

You can also set up presence on Facebook and/or Google at no cost.
I have a couple of those that I use for specific projects.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog