[Leica] brain dead M-D (to Ted)

David Lykes Keenan ausdlk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 06:23:31 PDT 2016

Ted --

Maybe someone at Leica will see the post, probably not.

The sad thing is that the lack of auto-shutoff is touted as a FEATURE. It's
not a bug, it's a built-in, conscious design flaw. The intention is shave
precious milliseconds off the camera's start up time. I guess this looks
good in side-by-side comparisons with all their (non-existent) competition
in this market segment.

It proves again, at least to me, that while Leica may make cameras they no
longer understand photographers. The M-D is very likely the last Leica I
will ever buy (and second returned).
.
Dave.

--