[Leica] Thoughts on photographing art

Ted Grant tedgrant at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 4 08:27:18 PDT 2016

Adam,
I can offer this little advice in the simplest of language!
KISS! Don't get all tied-up with umpteen things as all you'll do is screw-up for sure!
I've done  some? (Not much) art/photo copy work over the years and it's "art on a fixed... "Sometimes a hook on a wall  with nice even lighting."    Camera on tripod. And whatever lens gives you the proper coverage of the "art piece." Now that means maybe a zoom lens? Maybe not? But certainly enough floor space to allow "tripod camera movement closer & back!" Lighting clean, even & adjustable if necessary?
That me old son is about as simple as it gets,,,,, "I THINK?" It worked for me!" Others? Will probably have any number of other set-ups. Good luck with it.
cheers,
Dr. ted