[Leica] Solar Power

John McMaster john at mcmaster.fr
Mon Feb 15 02:49:07 PST 2016

Thanks for that Philippe, I have seen a couple of small panels which would tie in with water heating.

john

Le 15 févr. 2016 à 10:14, John McMaster <john at mcmaster.fr> a écrit :

> Thanks, I think there must be some sort of ban on them around here. Given it is the south of France you very rarely see a solar panel…

Not economically viable for individuals - no solar panel manufacturers here, and little or no tax incentives.
Solar energy may be fine for heating though (my neighbor's pool operates so) but makes little sense as to power household equipment as the electricity market has long been organized  (and still is dominated) by the state, with the highest percentage of nuke power in the world (>70%). Comparing to next door Switzerland kw are a bargain. The next generation will hate us for that I presume.

However, we don't as yet suffer the impediments of either former communist countries, nor those caused by many privately owned operators...

Oh yes, Alice and I own a solar/electricity panel, installed on the roof of the camper :-)

Amities
Philippe