[Leica] Corroded M9 upgrade

Frank Filippone red735i at verizon.net
Sat Feb 13 10:06:13 PST 2016

Seems like in everything LUG, this is a hot topic that is more emotional than fact based.....

Bob sent in a MM, and he is not part of the Pro Club....
Tina is part of the Pro Club at Leica, and may get a special discount because of that.....  Her "trade in" was an M9
Howard sent in a M9, and he is not part of the Pro Club....

Different conditions = different outcomes.

And, right now, with the 12 % discount on(some)  new cameras,  at B+H and or Adorama
M246 (CMOS Monochrome) = $7450
M240 ( Color CMOS) = $6400
M262 ( No preview lever for VF, a simplified M240) = $5200

MM  (CCD Monochrome)= $5500
M-E (CCD, a simplified M9) = $4800

ON EBay, your repaired M9 is worth about $3000
On EBay, your repaired MM is worth about $3500

Do the math first......

It seems like the place to start or decide is
a) Budget.. keep in mind that your trade in will be repaired free.....= $0, but not immediately......
b) CCD or CMOS
c) B+W or Color
d) Do I have/want a backup body?

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

This randomness would set me a' bargain'n with 'em.

a note off the iPad, George