[Leica] Corroded M9 upgrade

Howard Ritter hlritter at bex.net
Fri Feb 12 12:08:31 PST 2016

Yo, Tina!

I just got off the phone with Leica in New Jersey. The gist of the conversation follows.

Me: “I’m the owner of an M9 that’s been found to have sensor corrosion.”

Leica: “You can sent it in for repair and that will cut the lead time from 4 months to 2 months.”

Me (tentatively): “I understand there’s an upgrade path…”

Leica: “If your camera is found to have sensor corrosion, you’ll be offered an upgrade to one of 4 cameras.

Me (...4 cameras? FOUR?? Fingers crossed.): “Is the Monochrome 246 one of them?”

Leica: “Yes. You say you have an M9?”

Me: “Yes.:

Leica: “You can upgrade to the 246 for $3950.”

Me: “It’ll be in FedEx’s hands tomorrow, and thank you very much!”

—howard