[Leica] IMGS: Tests with MM and M246

Howard Ritter hlritter at bex.net
Thu Feb 11 15:03:48 PST 2016

Tina—

An M has no way to sense what aperture the lens is set to. There’s no mechanical or electronic link from the aperture to the camera. The camera reads the 6-bit coding to know what model the lens is, and the cam gives focus information to the camera, but that’s it.

I saw the aperture reported in the EXIF for your Beard’s Bread image on Pbase, but unless that was manually entered, I can’t imagine where it comes from.

Have you seen LR, PS, or any other program appear to be reporting aperture in the EXIF of an image made with an M?

—howard