[Leica] Dawn Patrol and Evening Glowdeo at Albuquerque

Aram leica_r8 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 4 10:23:47 PST 2016

The day starts off before sunrise as a select few balloons are poised to take off to test the wind conditions if they get a green flag.  We got up early two days to see this.  View them large if you can.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f6/al/Ballon+Fiesta+Dawn+Patrol-6392.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f6/al/Balloon+Fiesta+Dawn+Patrol-0704.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f6/al/Balloon+Fiesta+Dawn+Patrol-0709.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f6/al/Balloon+Fiesta+Dawn+Patrol-0722.jpg.html

Then in the evening, after sunset, the balloons are tethered to the ground, but inflate and light up for all to wander around and see.  It is called the Special Shape Glodeo.  Weather permitting, it is a good show.  This year the winds limited the activity both nights we went.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f6/al/Balloon+Fiesta+Glowdeo-0932.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f6/al/Balloon+Fiesta+Glowdeo-0963.jpg.html

Comments welcome

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

“The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself would ever have dared dream.” James D. Watson