[Leica] Zeiss Planar T and no beer

kyle cassidy on the LUG leicaslacker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:20:39 PDT 2015

Thanks to everyone on the lug for their advice, I got the 50mm Zeiss Planar T f2 to replace my Serenar 50mm 1.8. I can’t post any photos with it until I find some luggers to go LeicaStacking in a dark pub, but I can say that Jim Shulman was correct in that the 1/3 stop clicks are annoying as sand in your margarita. Whose Idea was that?

I’ve also noticed that the official hood is $84 though $3 will get you any number of swank hoods that also fit on ebay.

Q: Does a square hood look cooler than a round one? And do vented hoods go faster?

kc