[Leica] Grave marker

FRANK DERNIE frank.dernie at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 11 04:09:41 PDT 2015

I was born in 1950. My generation has had it easier than previous ones, though not as easy as some subsequent ones perhaps, depending on pov.Of the generation of this poor soul not only did many not survive WW 1, but those who did saw their children taken up fighting in WW 2.I have a lot of photographs and a family tree of my maternal grandmother's. She lived from 1898 until 1999, so not only the heartache of 2 world wars, but also the "trauma" of living through the century with the biggest changes ever. So few men came back to England from WW 1 and those that did had the memory of the unthinkable conditions they survived.
The Unreturning Poem by Wilfred Owen - Poem Hunter

|   |
| The Unreturning Poem by Wilfred Owen - Poem HunterSuddenly night crushed out the day and hurled Her remnants over cloud-peaks, thunder-walled. Then fell a stillness such as harks appalled |
|  |
| View on www.poemhunter.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

I often reflect on this and on how fortunate I have been myself.
Frank D.